Sunday, January 3, 2016

Off to Philly


July 2, 2008

Off to Philly

All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go. Yup, by Saturday I'll be leavin' on a jet plane. Don't know when I'll be back again. Well, I have an idea about when, but am clueless as to where. Lots of time before I have to worry about that.

Tomorrow morning I hop a train for Philly to engage in two days of "staging." I'll meet my 59 fellow classmates, hand in some forms and get some valuable information about surviving Kyrgyzstan. Personally, just tell me what I should avoid doing so I won't get spit on, thrown in jail and/or killed.

So, I hope you tune in occasionally to see what's going on with me in the Kyrgyz Republic. (I will post as often as I can, given my access to the internet and time may be limited.) 

Five minutes after I met my roommate, he revealed something unexpected. Also, in the book I write about who the troublemakers would be based on their behavior during Staging.