Monday, December 28, 2015

I'm Back!!! And a Book Is On It's Way

A little over 5 years has elapsed since I finished my Peace Corps Service and what a ride it was. Not only did I experience a new culture, but learned so much about myself in the process. I even lived through a government takeover. Well, I've decided to write a book about these experiences based on over 100 blog posts and emails I sent from 2008-10.

The format of the book will be the emails followed by my thoughts, opinions and insights 5 years post service, In this blog I will repost the emails, two per week, until the book is for sale. What you won't see are the thoughts, opinions and insights. I'm hoping you'll find the emails interesting enough to want to purchase the book. Hopefully, it will be completed by May 2016.

While in the Peace Corps I could not express everything I wanted because too many Big Brother eyes were likely reading my emails. But, now I can write what I want, and that's what I'll do; open, honest words that fall short of me getting sued by anybody.

The first email follows this post. I will include my additional thoughts with it to give a sample of what will be in the book.

Share this blog with anyone you feel would be interested in reading it. Thank you.